Thanks for your answer Geoff !

By "squeeze", I thought "brutaly delete the compile-tests depends clause in the compile targer", to avoid the problem. As I didn't get deep into this tests, I don't know what could depend on this.
But why is "compile-tests" not optional, as "compile-deprecated" ? No need for this ?

Thanks in advance...

Geoff Howard wrote:

Not sure what you mean by squeeze the depends clause, but the root
problem needs to get fixed.  It either means removing the tests for
deprecated items, or modifying the build to exclude deprecated tests
when deprecated is excluded (which means creating a deprecated test
directory somewhere and moving the offending items there) or, moving
the deprecated tests to their new home (because IIRC, the items have
not been truly deprecated but moved to excalibur??)

Patches or specific suggestions will be very welcome.

Geoff