I am trying to use logic in an xsp page to get the output formatted
correctly, here is what I want the output to look like

<taskanddate>

  <date>2003-05-20</date>

  <tasks>

    <deviation>0</deviation>

    <completed-by>Somebodys, Name</completed-by>

    <deviation>0</deviation>

    <completed-by>Somebodys, Name2</completed-by>

    <deviation>0</deviation>

    <completed-by>Somebodys, Name3</completed-by>

  </tasks>

</taskanddate>

here is the code that I am using

<xsp:logic>

       String date = <esql:get-string column="3"/>;

       if(!date.equalsIgnoreCase(oldDate))

       {     oldDate = date;

             <taskanddate>

                    <date>

                           <esql:get-string column="3"/>

                    </date>

                    <tasks>

       }

                           <compleated-by>

                                 <esql:get-string column="4"/>

                           </compleated-by>

       if(!date.equalsIgnoreCase(oldDate))

       {

                    </tasks>

             </taskanddate>

       }

</xsp:logic>

and here is the result that I am getting:

<http://localhost:8080/cocoon/vyzo/Room_Report_pdf?cocoon-view=debug1##>
- <taskanddate>

  <date>2003-05-22 00:00:00.0</date>

<http://localhost:8080/cocoon/vyzo/Room_Report_pdf?cocoon-view=debug1##>
- <tasks>

  }

  <compleated-by />

  if(!date.equalsIgnoreCase(oldDate)) {

  </tasks>

  </taskanddate>

<http://localhost:8080/cocoon/vyzo/Room_Report_pdf?cocoon-view=debug1##>
- <taskanddate>

  <date>2003-05-23 00:00:00.0</date>

<http://localhost:8080/cocoon/vyzo/Room_Report_pdf?cocoon-view=debug1##>
- <tasks>

  }

  <compleated-by />

  if(!date.equalsIgnoreCase(oldDate)) {

  </tasks>

  </taskanddate>

<http://localhost:8080/cocoon/vyzo/Room_Report_pdf?cocoon-view=debug1##>
- <taskanddate>

  <date>2003-05-24 00:00:00.0</date>

<http://localhost:8080/cocoon/vyzo/Room_Report_pdf?cocoon-view=debug1##>
- <tasks>

  }

  <compleated-by />

  if(!date.equalsIgnoreCase(oldDate)) {

  </tasks>

  </taskanddate>

If anyone knows of a way to do this correctly I would greatly appreciate
the help.

Thank you

Tim Bachta