Thanks. I was glad of any solution at midnight on saturday, but I'll watch to see how the fom evolves as you advise. Thanks.

Simon

Reinhard Pötz wrote:
This will work but not with the upcoming Flow Object Model. You won't
have access to the environment any more. If you are interested in the
FOM you find a reference here:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FOM (be aware that this is a
working document and may change!!!)

So currently the easiest way is
{
     var uri = "cocoon://blablabla";
        var resolver = cocoon.componentManager.lookup(
Packages.org.apache.cocoon.environment.SourceResolver.ROLE );
        var srce = resolver.resolveURI( uri );
        cocoon.componentManager.release( resolver );
        var dom =
Packages.org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceUtil.toDOM( srce );
}

which will probably change with FOM to

{
     var uri = "cocoon://blablabla";
        var resolver = cocoon.getComponent(
Packages.org.apache.cocoon.environment.SourceResolver.ROLE );
        var srce = resolver.resolveURI( uri );
        // release of the component (not defined yet
        var dom =
Packages.org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceUtil.toDOM( srce );
}

Hope this helps!

Reinhard