Ah, I misread this. But this can't be fixed until a complete refactoring of XSP. At the moment it's an XSLT transformation to a java file. The binding to the original XSP is completely lost.

Joerg

Erik Bruchez wrote:
Probably that Dmitry would have found a line number pointing to his <esql:getXXX/> element in the XSP file useful.

-Erik

Joerg Heinicke wrote:

Why? You use a not existing column name and you get the message "Invalid column name". What's wrong with it?

Joerg

Dmitry Diskin wrote:

Hello

I have been struggling with the following problem for a while: if I specify non-existing column name in <esql:get-int column="wrong_column" /></xsp:attribute> tag, I get the following error message:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): java.lang.RuntimeException: Error executing statement: select something from somewhere : java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column name

I think that is misleading, since the error is not in SQL, but in my XSp text. It was very hard to find it out.

Regards,
Dmitry.