Digital Projects Team Lead
ZAI has an immediate need for a Digital Projects Team Lead in support of the
NASA Goddard Library in Greenbelt, Maryland. This position is responsible for
the technology and systems used in library operations, and for leadership of
the Digital Projects Team (Systems Administrator, Web Developer, and Metadata
Librarian). This team is responsible for the Library’s digital projects,
computer systems, and technical services including the institutional
repository, metadata creation, systems administration, web development, and the
integrated library system and other discovery systems.
• Coordinates the work of the Digital Projects Team in the
implementation of open source software solutions for the Library; oversees the
design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new
applications and information systems; coordinates activities to ensure reliable
uptime of all Library systems.
• Responsible for the maintenance, upgrade, enhancement,
administration, and performance monitoring of the entire electronic
infrastructure within the library, including the integrated library system, the
institutional repository, database integrity, hosted discovery systems, and
• Responsible for the management, maintenance, performance, and
development of the Library’s digital repository system.
• Integrates all of the technical resources required to maintain
state-of-the-art systems and services within an environment of rapidly evolving
• Designs, plans, implements, and evaluates the present and future
automation needs of the Library, making recommendations for implementation to
• Evaluates software products and frameworks to determine their
applicability to Library services and related projects.
• Maintains the SirsiDynix integrated library system including
upgrading, customizing, import/export of data, performance monitoring, and
• Develops Standard Operating Procedures for the Digital Projects
Team; creates new and updates existing documentation, best practices, and
• Delivers various reports and summaries to management and other
constituents including status reports and progress summaries.
QUALIIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· U.S. Citizenship
· Master's degree in Library / Information Science desired or
equivalent experience working in a library environment.
· Minimum 2 years’ supervisory experience, with project management
experience and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
· Minimum 2 years’ experience as a digital projects, systems, and/or
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to provide effective
documentation, briefings, reports, and staff interactions.
· Experience managing projects to implement and maintain information
discovery systems, link resolvers, electronic resource management software,
integrated library systems, and electronic library collections in institutional
· Experience building electronic collections with an open-source
repository system such as Fedora Commons.
· Familiarity with principles of information architecture, usability
testing, best practices and guidelines for accessible Web design.
· Familiarity with database design, scripting languages, content
management systems, and web design.
· Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
· Knowledge of office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office
To apply visit: