The University of Toronto Scarborough Library's Digital Scholarship Unit is
hosting a Lunch and Learn event on February 23rd from 1:00-3:00pm EST online
and from 12:00-3:00pm EST in-person at the University of Toronto Scarborough
Library. Anyone who is interested in attending the event is welcome to sign up
here:  https://goo.gl/forms/4vfqyCFnaDrGEGWr2.

The event is going to introduce participants and provide the latest updates on
the next generation of Islandora called Islandora CLAW. Islandora CLAW uses the
latest repository technologies and is a total re-architecting of the
interaction between the various pieces, acting as middleware for not only
Drupal 8.x and Fedora 4, but also Solr, Blazegraph, and any microservices added
to the stack.

We will also get an update from the Islandora Metadata Interest group and hear
about their work with MODS RDF, BIBFRAME, and more.

The DSU will also be giving a presentation about the Dragomans Renaissance
Research Project, an experimental digital humanities project that curates over
a decade of research for Professor Natalie Rothman. The platform is built the
principles of a Linked Data Platform (https://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/) and models
the data using the Resource Description Framework
(https://www.w3.org/standards/techs/rdf#w3c_all).  This framework allows for
robust querying and search and allows for the expression of complex
relationships between different data points.

We are hoping that this event will spark discussion about the future of digital
repositories and to ask questions and provide their thoughts about Islandora
CLAW. We also hope through our discussion to find out how other people are
engaging in the Islandora community and how they hope to participate in the
future.

Event Details

Date: Friday, February 23rd, 2018
Time: 12-3pm EST
Schedule (subject to change):
12:00-1:00pm Lunch (Meals will be provided for in-person attendees)
1:00pm - 2:00pm Introduction to CLAW (Daniel Lamb, Technical Lead, Islandora
Foundation)
2:00-2:15pm Islandora Metadata Interest Group Update
2:15-2:30pm The Dragomans Renaissance Research Project (Kim Pham, Natkeeran
Ledchumykanthan, Marcus Barnes, Irfan Rahman, Kirsta Stapelfeldt, UTSC Library)
2:30pm Discussion

Remote presentations start at 1:00pm-3:00pm EST

Location:
1. In person: University of Toronto Scarborough Library Makerspace, 1265
Military Trail, Toronto, ON M1C 1A4
2. Remote participation:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://duraspace.zoom.us/j/480608518
Note: You will be asked to download the Zoom application if you haven’t done so
already. It is best to do so in advance of the event.

Or iPhone one-tap :  US: +16699006833,,480608518##  or +14086380968,,480608518##
Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current
location):
US: +1 669 900 6833  or +1 408 638 0968  or +1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 480 608 518
International numbers available:
https://duraspace.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=uCKtmLrPuXxLI1Trk-lRld-HA2dJCA6P

Event Contact: Kim Pham, kimpham54 at gmail

Kim Pham
Acting Coordinator, Digital Scholarship Unit
Liaison Librarian, Physical & Environmental Sciences (Physics)

University of Toronto Scarborough
1265 Military Trail, Toronto, Ontario, M1C 1A4
AC 270 | 416-208-5199
https://utsc.library.utoronto.ca/