Application Deadline: Position will be advertised until filled, applications
received by Friday, February 23, 2018 will receive first consideration.
Position Title: Computer Technician
Classification: Library Assistant III
Rate of Pay: $13.89 hourly
Hours /FLSA status: 40, FT, Regular, non-exempt, Works a varied schedule of
mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekend rotation
Location: Based at Administrative Center
Reports to: IT Manager
Staff Supervised: None
Position Summary: Performs a variety of Help Desk duties by providing direct
troubleshooting assistance to library staff and resolving technical problems
remotely or on-site. Able to operate KACE hardware to accomplish tasks
including pushing out software, updates, scripted installations and imaged
installations to staff and public computers. Assists with the configuration
and maintenance of Mobile Services and Genealogy hardware. Sets up active
directory profiles, email distribution lists and troubleshoots
Office365/Outlook issues for staff. Shares the responsibility to obtain quotes
and place orders for equipment and supplies. Cross-trained to perform tasks
done solely by part time Computer Technician. May travel to any of 7 GCPL
library locations as required.
Essential Job Functions: This list is illustrative, but not exhaustive for
· First responder technician that monitors the GCPL helpdesk.
· Ability to build, configure, maintain and troubleshoot complex
hardware and software problems such as Genealogy and Business Office
· Able to configure printers and troubleshoot related issues.
· Maintains good communication with staff and patrons about the status
of issues by phone and/or using Help Desk tickets and email.
· Provides timely service and technical assistance to library staff and
patrons on all library PC equipment and software
· Works with Clevnet staff to troubleshoot Network, VOIP, Workflows and
Catalog related issues
· Ability to setup and maintain active directory profiles, distribution
lists and Office 365 accounts for staff.
· Troubleshoots Office 365/Outlook email issues for staff.
· Uses KACE hardware to configure and deploy software images.
· Uses KACE hardware to push out software/updates to GCPL computers
· Assists in the build, configuration and maintenance of Mobile
Services vehicle computers and connected devices.
· Assists in the build, configuration and maintenance of GCPL’s
genealogy computers and connected devices.
· Continues to develop and share knowledge and skills through
appropriate meetings, conferences and workshops for cross training, and
professional and technical development.
· Works with GCPL staff to train them on new hardware, software and
· Cross-trained to perform tasks done solely by part-time Computer
· Shares the responsibility to obtain quotes and place orders for
equipment and supplies.
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
· Substantial working knowledge of and experience with PC’s, operating
systems and related peripherals.
· High level of expertise resolving routine and complex PC problems.
· Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent customer
· Able to work accurately and independently with minimum supervision
and have dependable work habits.
· Work schedule flexible to meet library needs.
· Willingness and adaptability to work in a changing work environment.
· Observes all OSHA procedures. See personnel policies #410 and #435.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
· High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree preferred.
· A+ certification or three years relevant experience required.
· Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
· Able to lift 50 lbs. and move equipment in and out of building.
· Ability to crawl, bend, stretch, walk and or kneel in order to wire
and install equipment.
· Able to use hands and fingers, grasp, handle, feel, or operate
objects, tools or controls-including computers, phones and office equipment.
· Able to read computer screens and print material.
If interested provide: Resume, work references and Geauga County Public Library
Application available online at:
Apply Online: gcpl.recruit...@geaugalibrary.info
Geauga County Public Library – Administrative Center
12701 Ravenwood Drive, Chardon, OH 44024
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: