Programmer Analyst, Virtual Library Services

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) Library, New York City

As one of the world’s premier oncology centers, MSK is committed to exceptional
patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The close
collaboration between our physicians and scientists is one of our unique
strengths, enabling us to provide patients with the best care available today
as we work to discover more effective strategies to prevent, control, and
ultimately cure cancer in the future.

The MSK Library is a continuously evolving facility and virtual library,
supporting physicians, researchers, nurses, health care professionals,
students, and our patient community. Only those candidates who embrace a
challenging environment need apply.

We are seeking an innovative, collaborative, forward-thinking, flexible, and
user-focused developer to bring energy, creativity, and expertise to our team.
The position develops, codes, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to
existing software and typically works with staff from all functional areas:
content management, user services, and technology initiatives, as well as,
internal and external contacts to deliver solutions to support a robust
technological infrastructure essential to the modern library.

The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of
interesting projects including web development, activities that support the
user’s experience with our library’s digital collections, and enhancement to
our MSK publication database (Synapse) and ILLiad document delivery. He/she is
expected to work independently with minimal instruction/supervision, and be
willing to learn new technologies/systems.

Requirements

Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
Master’s degree in Library Science desired.
Strong proficiency in Ruby, Rails, MySQL and MSSql Server, Mongo Db, Java,
SOLR, Apache, IIS, Jetty, PHP, C#, Linked Data, CSS, Responsive Web design,
JQuery, Ajax, XML/XSL/XSD, JSON, Rest, OAuth and Bash shell scripting and Linux
server configuration.
Operating systems: UNIX, Windows (client and server), Macintosh, Linux
Has previous work experience with Exlibris’ Alma and Primo, content management
systems (e.g. Drupal), and ILLiad Document Delivery.
Experience working in a team setting, as well as, independently.
Ability to prioritize assignments and work in a fast-paced environment.

Work week: 37.5 hrs

Library Hours of Operation: 8:00am to 7:00pm, Monday – Friday

#LI-FA1

MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to
diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All
qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration
without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status
or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment
decision.

Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified
individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable
accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable
accommodation include making a change to the application process or work
procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language
interpreter, or using specialized equipment.

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs:
https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/29161-programmer-analyst-iii