Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education
programs and services, is searching for a small team of enthusiastic interns to
join PLI for a 10-week internship program this summer. PLI’s client base
includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government
agencies.

This is an exciting opportunity for students to gain professional business
experience in their field of interest in a supportive learning environment.

INTERNSHIP PROGRAM SUMMARY

The internship program will begin on June 4th and end on August 10th in our
midtown Manhattan office. This is a paid internship at the rate of $15 per
hour. A typical work schedule will be 9:30 am to 5:30 pm (including an unpaid
one hour lunch break), Monday through Thursday, and 9:30 am to 3:30 pm on
Friday.  PLI closes early on Friday during the summer months.

Our internship program will offer students the opportunity to learn, perform
tasks and take part in projects that relate to their academic majors.   A
unique feature of our internship program is weekly attendance at the Speakers’
Series, which are short presentations from various departments providing an
overview of our operations, career guidance and more!

Below is a brief description of the department seeking interns and the
corresponding internship assignment:

Legal Information Services and Electronic Publishing

The Legal Information Services and Electronic Publishing is responsible for the
strategy, creation, and ongoing development of PLI PLUS, our online research
platform. This department also supports customers with training and sells
publishing products to law school and manage their accounts.

Internship Assignment:

·         Locate ebook files and/or generating them via an automated generation
process

·         Evaluate files for completeness

·         Performing basic XML cleanup

·         Managing ebook components using PLI’s content management systems

·         Deploy ebooks to our online research database (PLI Plus) and assist
with other projects as needed.

Qualifications and Requirements:

·         Qualified interns fall under one of the following categories:

o   Rising senior college undergraduate

o   2018 college graduate from an accredited undergraduate program

o   Current law school student

o   2018 or recent law school graduate

·         Must be available to participate in the program the full 10 weeks,
beginning June 4th and ending August 10th.

·         Must have the ability to work Monday – Thursday from 9 or 9:30 am – 5
or 5:30 pm plus shorter day on Friday.  In addition, attendance at the intern
Speakers’ Series for the duration of the program is mandatory.

·         Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.  Some intern
assignments will require familiarity with department-specific software.

·         Some intern assignments will require current attendance at law
school, completion of law school, or graduate studies in a particular field.

·         Must have the ability to provide recommendation letters from school
and/or previous employer.

·         Will be required to provide documentation of academic record
displaying a GPA of 3.2 or higher.

Qualified internship applicants please submit your resume and cover letter
online. Only candidates who provide a cover letter will be considered.

ABOUT PLI

For 85 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in
continuing legal and professional business training education.  PLI presents
over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers
throughout the U.S. and abroad.  Recent international seminar locations include
London and Hong Kong.

In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and
offers on demand programs for thousands of participants each day.  PLI
publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an
award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation’s
leading preparation course for the Patent Office’s Registration Exam, and
provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute.  The
organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its
Interactive Learning Center.

Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the
pro bono community and public interest organizations.

Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer.  More information
about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.  Thank you for your interest
in working at PLI.

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: