We're looking for another person to join our growing team here at NC Cardinal!

https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/2130901/nc-cardinal-systems-administrator

NC Cardinal is a consortium of North Carolina public libraries that share an
instance of the Evergreen open source ILS, and share resources with other
member libraries. Our Evergreen instance is hosted by MOBIUS, but we’re looking
to add additional technical capacity on our team. We’re currently a team of
four (https://statelibrary.ncdcr.gov/ld/nc-cardinal), located moments away from
the Research Triangle Park in Raleigh, North Carolina. The Triangle is a great
place to live, with lots of interesting things going on.

The NC Cardinal Systems Administrator provides technical expertise in managing
and developing the NC Cardinal Evergreen Integrated Library System (ILS)
application.  Duties include, but are not limited to:

Identifying technical needs; evaluating existing software; and participating in
long-range software development
Advising and collaborating with public library staff to effectively resolve
complex technical issues regarding NC Cardinal services
Assessing and analyzing trends in customer needs and service issues; assisting
in planning and implementing customer service improvements
Investigating issues identified by clients and developing solutions through
configuration changes, system modifications or software development.

Occasional travel required.

To qualify for this position, you must meet ALL the following Knowledge, Skills
and Abilities / Competencies listed below:

Considerable knowledge of and skills related to the use of current library
systems, technologies and tools used in the library and information science
profession.
Considerable knowledge of the services and programs provided to library users
including access to library data, collections and information (electronic and
physical), and digital services
Demonstrated knowledge of integrated library systems
Demonstrated knowledge of open-source software development
Demonstrated knowledge of shell scripting, Object Oriented Programming, and SQL
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel

 Management Preferences:

Demonstrated skill with technical documentation.
Demonstrated knowledge of administering Linux based systems
Demonstrated experience in organizing projects, including setting goals,
determining benchmarks and meeting deadlines.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs:
https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/30035-nc-cardinal-systems-administrator