Early bird registration ends January 30 for our Thursday, February 13, 2020,
online conference, Work Smarter, Not Harder: Innovating Technical Services
Workflows.

Are you a "jack-of-all-trades" librarian who wants to spend less time ordering
books and more time on the reference desk? Is your busy technical services
department looking for ways to automate everyday processes such as editing
batches of MARC records from vendors? Do you want to process new items faster
to get them into your patrons' hands sooner? Do you simply find yourself
wondering, "Is there an easier way to do this?" about any of your library's
technical services work?

Library staff members spend a lot of time making sure patrons can access their
resources, both physical and electronic, and finding ways to improve these
workflows is important.

Join us on February 13, 2020 for Work Smarter, Not Harder: Innovating Technical
Services Workflows. This Amigos Library Services online conference will explore
ways to make everyone's life easier when it comes to ordering, processing,
cataloging, and weeding our libraries' resources.

The day will start with "Smart Cataloging: Beginning the Move from Batch
Processing to Automated Classification," our keynote session by Terry Reese,
who advises that in order to be successful, "libraries in general will need to
seek to leverage the wide array of open data sources to improve not only
traditional workflows but to also begin leveraging more intelligent services or
algorithms for the purposes of automated classification and no-touch cataloging
services."

Check out the conference website at https://www.amigos.org/work_smarter for
complete session descriptions and registration information.

For more information about this conference, contact Emily Nimsakont at
nimsak...@amigos.org<mailto:nimsak...@amigos.org>.

Emily Dust Nimsakont
Cataloging and Metadata Trainer
Amigos Library Services
nimsak...@amigos.org<mailto:nimsak...@amigos.org>
972-340-2825

Work Smarter, Not Harder: Innovating Technical Services Workflows
Online Conference
February 13, 2020
Register<https://www.amigos.org/work_smarter?qt-work_smarter_not_harder_innovati=2#qt-work_smarter_not_harder_innovati>