We extended our deadline: please send them in https:elag.org
[Image.jpeg]
Outlook voor iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef> downloaden
________________________________
Van: Code for Libraries <CODE4LIB@LISTS.CLIR.ORG> namens Code4Lib Jobs
<j...@code4lib.org>
Verzonden: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 6:48:13 PM
Aan: CODE4LIB@LISTS.CLIR.ORG <CODE4LIB@LISTS.CLIR.ORG>
Onderwerp: [CODE4LIB] Job: Metadata Librarian at Iowa State University Library

Position Title:

Metadata Librarian

Job Group:

Professional &amp; Scientific

Required Minimum Qualifications:

Master's degree and related experience.

Special Required Qualifications

Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited
program or international equivalent, or an advanced degree supporting a
specialized key program function.

Preferred Qualifications:

Experience with programming and/or scripting tools such as Python or XSLT.

Experience with software and tools for batch creation and manipulation of
metadata such as Excel and/or OpenRefine.

Experience with Dublin Core, EAD, MODS, RDF, MARC21, RDA, and/or BIBFRAME, and
name authorities or identity management.

Familiarity with library management software, discovery layers, and repository
platforms.

Not all preferred qualifications must necessarily be met to be a successful
candidate.

Job Description:

The Iowa State University Library seeks a collaborative and innovative Metadata
Librarian (I or II). Our metadata librarians are responsible for implementing,
promoting, and managing metadata strategies to support the discovery, access,
sharing, management, and preservation of our library collections ecosystem,
which includes physical, digitized, and born-digital resources.

Reporting to the Head of Metadata Services, the Metadata Librarian collaborates
with librarians and staff in Metadata Services, the Library, and the ISU
community in metadata creation, editing, and quality control, implements
strategies for streamlining or automated extraction and  transformation of
metadata, trains library staff in metadata creation best practices, collects
and analyzes data to support collection management, discovery, and access, and
provides metadata consultation with Library colleagues and ISU faculty and
researchers. The incumbent also will assist in preparing the Library for the
linked data environment by working with colleagues and external collaborators
to develop, maintain, and publish controlled vocabularies and persistent
identifiers.

A Librarian I will explore, show interest in and have potential for
institutional service and external professional activities. A Librarian II will
be able to demonstrate, through evidence, increasing skills and leadership
potential, and establish area(s) of research interest and/or exhibit leadership
in external professional activities.

Important skills for success in this position are: ability to balance
big-picture thinking with attention to detail, organization, setting and
achieving goals, effective communication, and collaboration. ISU Librarians
embrace the Library’s core values, demonstrate collegiality, and have strong
commitment to public service and the land grant mission.

ISU students, staff, and faculty strive to overcome historical and divisive
biases in our society. Library staff must embrace an environment of inclusion
that moves beyond simple tolerance to recognizing the richness in individual
identities of people, and diverse perspectives.

Benefits information

Information about ISU employee benefits can be found at:
https://www.hr.iastate.edu/benefits/new-employee-benefits

Appointment Type:

Regular

Number of Months Employed Per Year:

12 Month Work Period

Time Type:

Full time

Pay Rate Type:

Salary

Pay Grade:

Application Instructions:

To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment
Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:

Resume/Curriculum Vitae

Letter of Application/Cover Letter

Contact Information for Three References

If you have questions regarding this application process, please email
employm...@iastate.edu or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.

Original Posting Date:

February 11, 2020

Posting Close Time:

This posting will close at 12:00 AM on the date listed below. The posting will
no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 PM the day prior.

Posting Close Date:

March 25, 2020

Job Requisition Number:

R1817