The staff of Falvey Memorial Library proudly announces the grand opening
of the Villanova University Digital Library.

The Digital Library is a repository of many digitized items from our
Special Collections as well as other donated items and partnering
institutions. The repository was developed by library staff and built
from an open source platform. The repository uses a native XML database,
eXist, to store and organize our digital objects encoded in the METS
format. The web site allows for users to search and view all of the
items stored in the repository by using many of the wonderful XML
technologies such as XQuery and XSLT.

Noteworthy initial digital collections include: the complete collection
of Cuala Press Broadsides, notable as a primary source for many folk
songs and for the illustrations of Jack Yeats – brother of the Poet
laureate; a signed and edited copy of Memoranda During the War by Walt
Whitman; personal letters and books from the Joseph McGarrity Collection
dealing with Irish and Irish-American History, an illuminated manuscript
of selections from the Holy Koran, and plenty more! We will be
constantly adding more and more items, so please check back often.

Feel free to browse our collections and enjoy the wonderful images:
http://digital.library.villanova.edu

Enjoy,
Andrew Nagy