It doesn't actually work with OAIster's own SRU interface, either.  A
query for the title works, but adding the author's name fails.

OAIster's SRU implementation is very strange, though, so I could very
well be doing something wrong.

-Ross.

On 10/25/07, Eric Lease Morgan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Oct 24, 2007, at 6:04 PM, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:
>
> > I have some behavior I can't explain. There's this article that is in
> > OAISter, called ""Resurrection and Appropriation: Reputational
> > Trajectories, Memory Work, and the Political Use of Historical
> > Figures"
> > by "Robert S. Jensen".
> >
> > I do an SRU search with query:
> > dc.title = "Resurrection and Appropriation: Reputational Trajectories,
> > Memory Work, and the Political Use of Historical Figures"
> > And I find the record, one hit. Good. You too could try, and see what
> > the DC returned looks like. It does have a dc:creator of Robert S.
> > Jensen.
> >
> > But I try a search that includes the author.
> > dc.title = "Resurrection and Appropriation: Reputational Trajectories,
> > Memory Work, and the Political Use of Historical Figures" and
> > dc.creator
> > = "Jensen"
>
>
> Yes, this looks weird to me too. I tried a number of query variations
> and could not get a hit.
>
> --
> Eric Lease Morgan
> Head, Digital Access and Information Architecture Department
> University Libraries of Notre Dame
>
> (574) 631-8604
>

Reply via email to