Joachim Neubert wrote:

Has anybody built a conversion from PICA+ to MODS and is willing to
share the code?

First there is not one PICA+ but different variants like there are different MARC variants. Second the most PICA+ to anything conversions that I know use the "FCV" conversion language that was developed by PICA an is neither documented nor standardized - so you won't be able to do something with it unless you run your own PICA system. At GBV we export MODS via MARC and the XSLT provided by the LOC, the chain is

GBV-PICA+ --(FCV)--> MARC ---> MARCXML --(XSLT)--> MODS

As you can imagine, the metadata quality does not get better with each step like alway when you do conversion between metadata formats. But its better than having to write n*n single conversions.

Greetings,
Jakob

--
Jakob Voß <jakob.v...@gbv.de>, skype: nichtich
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1, 37073 Göttingen, Germany