At 05:57 PM 2/18/2009, Terry wrote:
. . .
We have been busy developing more flexible APIs and in the course of that today we realised that we were including some records that don't have feeds (and that don't appear in our web interface). We will make sure that we tidy those up. We also appreciate that we have some updating to do because of new launches and title transfers. In the longer term we are looking to publisher-initiated updates to our database via CrossRef.

On the flipside, are you aware that there are also feed URLs for discontinued journals? Somehow a journal that stopped publishing in 1996 or 2000 doesn't seem very feed-worthy. (Most of the ones I encountered were for ScienceDirect journals; publisher-initiated updates aren't all they're cracked up to be if the publisher is creating feeds across the board, regardless of whether there's any new content to feed.)

Bob Duncan

Robert E. Duncan
Systems Librarian
Editor of IT Communications