Michael - Thanks for the code snippet -- I will take a stab at putting it into
practice when I have a few minutes.

Ed -- The TGN can be searched for free on a one-off basis by going to

http://www.getty.edu/research/conducting_research/vocabularies/tgn/

If you want access to the raw data files (such as to load into a cataloging
system, provide search capabilities online, or do computerized matching), this
requires purchasing a license. But, at least in the case of our organization,
the terms were quite reasonable, and the initial license allows us to get
updates for five years, and then renew at a reduced rate.

-David Dwiggins

__________

David Dwiggins
Systems Librarian/Archivist, Historic New England
141 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114
(617) 227-3956 x 242
ddwigg...@historicnewengland.org
http://www.historicnewengland.org ( http://www.historicnewengland.org/ )

>>> Ed Summers <e...@pobox.com> 2/27/2009 11:06 AM >>>
The TGN is still behind a pay-firewall right? Not that that means it
isn't legit conversation on here (because it is) -- but just curious
what the current state is.

//Ed

Visit http://www.LymanEstate.org for information on renting the historic Lyman
Estate for your next event - a very special place for very special occasions.