On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Mike Taylor <m...@indexdata.com> wrote:
> Worse, consider how the actionable-identifier approach would translate
> to other non-actionable identifiers like ISBNs.  If I offer the
> non-actionable identifier
>        info:isbn/0253333490
> which identified Farlow and Brett-Surman's edited volume "The Complete
> Dinosaur", it's obvious that you have a choice of methods for
> resolving the ISBN

... but the identifier gives no indication of what those choices might
be, and I wouldn't even be able to find out anything more about the
info:isbn scheme unless I happened to know that http://info-uri.info/
is the registry for info: URIs (or could Google my way to it).

An http: identifier could at least take you to general information
about the scheme (perhaps with options for resolution), if not
directly to some description of the identified thing itself.

Keith