2009/9/14 Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>:
> Seriously, don't use OpenURL unless you really can't find anything else that
> will do, or you actually want your OpenURLs to be used by the existing 'in
> the wild' OpenURL resolvers. In the latter case, don't count on them doing
> anything in particular or consistent with 'novel' OpenURLs, like ones that
> put an end-user access URL in rft_id... don't expect actually existing in
> the wild OpenURLs to do anything in particular with that.

Jonathan, I am getting seriously mixed messages from you on this
thread.  In one message, you'll strongly insist that some facility in
OpenURL is or isn't useful; in the next, you'll be saying that the
whole standard is dead.  The last time I was paying serious attention
to OpenURL, that certainly wasn't true -- has something happened in
the last few months to make it so?