Till, Bess, Ralph,

>> assuming the algorithm for enriching the spellings of a word (from PinYin to
Chinese) exists, will the result include both forms, PinYin AND Non-PinYin
Chinese transliteration and BOTH forms will be indexed?
>> the principle of indexing different forms for spelling a vertain word exists
in name authority records, where a name (for ex. Pushkin) has over 30 forms of
different spellings. The string of different names can be expended (Ralph¹s work
with VIAF and with fuzzy logic in WorldCat/identities is definitely relevant
here).
maybe something is already underway (?)
>> how large will the resulting index be? managable for medium-small
installations of vuFIND?

Ya¹aqov Ziso, Electronic Resource Management Librarian, Rowan University 856
256 4804