I hope to be in Asheville. But with the "Global Economic Downturn", I worry
that  some people who might have a lot to contribute and the most to gain may
be unable to go due to having lost their job or being in a library with
horrific budget cuts. So, together with Eric Lease Morgan (who has been
involved with Code4Lib from the very start) I'm putting up a bit of money to
support the expenses of people who want to go to Code4Lib 2010. If other donors
can join Eric and myself, that would be wonderful, but so far I'm guessing that
together we can support the travel expenses of two relatively frugal people.

If you would like to be considered, please send me an email as soon as
possible, and before I wake up on Monday, December 14 at the latest. Please
describe your economic hardship, your travel budget, and what you hope to get
from the conference. Eric and I will use arbitrary and uncertain methods to
decide who to support, and we'll inform you of our decision in time for you to
register or not on Wednesday December 16, when registration opens.

more at
http://go-to-hellman.blogspot.com/2009/12/supporting-attendance-at-code4lib.html

Eric Hellman
President, Gluejar, Inc.