On 2/8/10 3:09 PM, Ryan Eby wrote:
I'm interested in knowing what everyone is using for print management
and cost recovery for public printing. We're currently using Pharos
but I'd like to see what else is out there. I don't really have any
requirements other than preferably available separate from any
computer management system. Mostly just interested in what is out
there and personal opinions of the product.

I'd be especially interested in any OSS options. I've come across a
few CUPS/lpr based systems (http://print.ncsu.edu/ and
http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1027802.1027849) but there doesn't appear
to be any code release associated with them.

UNBELIEVABLE! I only *JUST* sent a note to W. Jason Strutz [0] at UIUC (our sister campus) asking them if they were willing to release the source of their poorly named LibPrint. :-)

A while back I talked to one of the people that wrote the software and they were willing to share. The person whose name escapes me as I type has since left for *other pastures*...

Will let you know what I hear.

./fxk

[0] https://www-s2.library.uiuc.edu/lp/docs/intro.pl