On Apr 7, 2010, at 9:57 PM, Ed Summers wrote:

>> Details about the mailing list are there.  Planning's going on and anyone
>> who's interested in giving a talk should drop a note and add themselves on
>> the wiki page.
>
> Kind of bummed that you had to create a new mailing list, but whatever
> I guess ...

Okay. I guess I'm guilty of this as well since I too created a group to discuss
the possibilities of a Code4Lib "Midwest" meeting. Personally, and as of the
present time, I do not mind if there are discussions about regional events on
the global list, but I sort of felt as if it might "heard" as noise by others
in Europe, Asia, or even the South in the United States. Despite all of its
use, email is a weird medium for many types of communication. Through email it
is really difficult to get the sense of what a group of people may be thinking.
I think that is why we vote.

--
Eric Morgan