Hi,

I'd just like to announce that we moved our DAIA related resources [1] to SourceForge:

http://daia.sourceforge.net/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/daia/
http://daia.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/daia/

DAIA is a data model to express information about the availability of documents and their particular copies for library-related services (loan, local presentation, open access online, interlibrary loan...). Its specification (http://purl.org/NET/DAIA) includes serialization in XML, JSON and RDF - use the format of your choice and get the other serializations for free [2]

If you are happy with stuff like NCIP, SLNP, SIP2, Z39.50 Holdings, ISO 20775 Holdings than I wonder why. But if you like to decouple and open up your library system for better innovation that you might want to have a look. Additional services like "Tweet-me-if-the-book-is-back" should be easy to implement by third parties based on a common, well-defined availability API (</end-of-advertisement>)

The current SVN repository contains the existing Perl implementation (that you can also get via CPAN), an implementation in PHP and an XSLT client for DAIA/XML. The VuFind project also contains a DAIA-Driver as client component.

So how do you get availability information out of your library system?

Cheers
Jakob

[1] see my mail from October 2009:
http://www.mail-archive.com/code4lib@listserv.nd.edu/msg06164.html

[2] ok, the RDF serialization is still work-in-progress - see http://purl.org/ontology/daia for the current draft

--
Jakob Voß <jakob.v...@gbv.de>, skype: nichtich
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1, 37073 Göttingen, Germany