Deng, Sai <sai.d...@wichita.edu> wrote:

> Do you know the Digital Library systems which can search within the
> documents (e.g. PDFs) and handle access restrictions (e.g. DRM)?

Not sure what you mean by "handle access restrictions".  Do you mean it
can index the documents put into it even if they have DRM encumbrances?

UpLib has "search within the documents" -- if you search for a word or
phrase, it shows you all the documents which match, but also all the
pages in each document which match.  Supports a wide variety of document
formats, from JPEG2000 to PDF to Powerpoint.  But as far as I know it
doesn't deal with DRM restrictions.

Bill