Hi Edward,

Like Mike, I have some existing tools that do this in perl - though very hack-ish.

Basically, I set the Windows default field separator to pipe (because I hate comma separated data) and save the spreadsheet as .csv, though a pipe delimited one.

My perl then reads that in, and maps columns to DC elements and OAI-header elements and spits out an XML file per row of the spreadsheet.

I'd be happy to pop a version of one of these into git-hub if you're interested.

-corey