On Mar 5, 2011, at 3:40 PM, Cindy Harper wrote:

> Now that I think about it, this may be an opportunity to apply another idea
> that I was exploring in another context:  I had written to syslib-l looking
> for anyone interested in collaborating on a staff technology training wiki
> that would link staff to free and authoritative web-based resources on a
> range of technology training subjects.  Would anyone be interested in
> applying that idea to code4lib technology learning?  How much effort would
> be required for someone who's well acquainted with the Semantic Web to
> contribute to a site that lists texts or curriculum for those who are
> interested in learning? I don't know if this is doable. Anyone interested?
> Or should I just find myself a text and wade through it?

I want to say that I remember someone presenting on some sort of
modular courses to either be used as part of a library, museum or
comp sci curriculum to deal with digital archives.  I want to say it was
IMLS funded.

Basically, it was so that faculty could pick & choose different courses
to use as a basic course on the topic.

I think I found the correct panel, but I'm not sure who it was who
presented on that particular topic.  (I was sick & kept myself drugged
up on dayquil for that whole meeting)

        http://www.ils.unc.edu/digccurr/asist2009_panel_paper.pdf

Um ... I think this is the project, "Digital Library Curriculum Project!"
(NSF funded, not IMLS, though):

        http://curric.dlib.vt.edu/

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they (yet) have anything on the
Semantic Web, but I think there's a lot of overlap with what you're
proposing.

-Joe

-----
Joe Hourcle