That reminds me - I was looking last week into the possibility of making a
Google custom search site with either a whitelist of trusted technology
sites, or a blacklist of sites to exclude.  I haven't looked into whether
the management of that could be group-sourced, but maybe someone else here
has thought about this.  I haven't looked into the terms of service of
custom search sites, either.  But of course slashdot was high on the
whitelist.  I was thinking about sites for several purposes - general
technology news and opinion, or specific troubleshooting / programming
sites.  Some way to avoid the site-scrapers who populate the troubleshooting
pages.

Cindy Harper, Colgate U.