On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Brice Stacey <brice.sta...@umb.edu> wrote:
> You can't necessarily say "We 8:00-2:00" because your closing hour could be
> after your opening hour on the next day and it would be ambiguous. E.g.
> Opening at 2am and closing the next day at 4am.

Hm, good point.

> Ideally, if working with times with date granularity you should honor that
> choice and say "We 8:00-24:00" and "Th 0:00-2:00". Then, when creating human
> readable formats you always check tomorrow in the event today's closing time
> is midnight.

And there's nothing in the spec, as far as I can tell, that says you
can't do something like:

<time itemprop="openingHours" datetime="Th 0:00-2:00">Thursday: Open
until 2:00 AM</time>
<time itemprop="openingHours" datetime="Th 8:00-20:00">Reopens from
8:00 AM until 8:00 PM</time>

In practice, as long as what you do makes sense to human readers and
machines, you're probably doing fine.

-n