On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu> wrote:

> So what I'm curious about, is how did the first 3-4 Code4Lib's manage to
> happen in a way that satisfied us, had low conf registration, and had lower
> sponsorship contributions and lower sponsor privileges than it is suggested
> is now required?

Perhaps much of this is information that is now lost to us, but I
think it would be interesting to put up a page with a costs
spreadsheet from each conference so we can get an overall picture of
what's involved (and what's changing from year-to-year).  This would
also, I think, help future hosts as they think about what's involved
with hosting the conference (learn from past experiences).  Concerns,
I guess, would be whether folks (sponsors) would want what they
contributed public knowledge like that (I assume they don't mind since
we've lumped them into levels with amounts associated with them
already, but I'm not positive).  I know we've been sharing these
things via email between hosts but perhaps a more stable location
would be better (and encourage their collection)?  Are these sorts of
things already lost from the early years?

Kevin