One form of recognition that I think is almost a no brainer is a "Sponsor
page" containing appropriately sized logos in sponsorship level order that
has the sole purpose of recognizing the sponsors. A link to the sponsor page
would be provided at the top of the conference page. This would be
unobtrusive yet informative.

I've missed the last few meetings, but a sponsor page in the packets when
people arrive along the web page idea also seems like a decent idea as it
helps make sponsors visible without being in the way. Only the Platinum
would get to include a handout as well.

Anything involving captive audiences sounds as unattractive as a timeshare
presentation. Aside from being annoying, such situations disrupt exactly the
sort of interaction we hope to achieve by meeting in person.

As far as tables go, I am agnostic if space allows. But I suspect it would
be better for the conference and vendors alike if they just participate and
mix it up with other attendees rather sitting around somewhere handing out
slick brochures.

kyle

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>wrote:

> On 6/15/2011 12:51 PM, Susan Kane wrote:
>
>> great
>> visibility with influential folks for a fraction of the cost of ALA!
>>

> That's an interesting point too -- you pay for a booth at ALA ($$$$$), you
> DO reach a whole lot of people, but it's a lot more expensive than even our
> 'platinum' sponsorship, no? And we're talking about giving people really
> even more exposure potentially (a presentation to a captive audience at a
> banquet?) then you get from a booth at ALA (albeit many fewer people).
>
> Depending on the site, if there's room in the registration area for a
> couple other tables, we could also offer sponsors a conference-long table to
> sit at and hand out stuff, if they wanted it. I don't know if they'd want it
> or not. But that would be a benefit unlikely to upset anyone. probably.

Kyle Banerjee
Digital Services Program Manager
Orbis Cascade Alliance
baner...@uoregon.edu / 503.877.9773