Hello,

Our Special Collections Department is investigating collaborative annotation
software to be used in conjunction with an online exhibit of their Women Poets
of the Romantic Period digital collection. By collaborative annotation
software, I mean a web-based application that allows scholars to annotate
texts, compare multiple editions, and share these annotations online. Ideally,
we are looking for a light-weight solution that is either SaaS or works in a
Windows IIS environment.

We are considering Collex and eComma, but are not certain that either of these
will work for our needs. If your library has implemented collaborative
annotation software (not necessarily Collex or eComma) or if you have
suggestions for other tools or approaches to accomplish these goals, we would
really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Holley Long
Digital Initiatives Librarian
University of Colorado Boulder Libraries