I gave a lightning talk on XSS vulnerabilities in library software at the first
Code4Lib conference.

You'll be happy to know that as bad as things are, they've improved
considerably! I showed several ILS vendors how I could insert arbitrary
javascripts into their products. Some of them fixed their products in the next
update cycle, some took a couple of years. One particularly nasty vulnerability
I am unable to talk about, it was so nasty and close to home. But the general
problem persists. Perhaps an outing process would be useful.

Eric