On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM, David Friggens <frigg...@waikato.ac.nz> wrote:

> Shifting times would be good. The registration opened at 5am here,
> though I probably would have gotten up for it had I known it was going
> to go so quickly. (Did you have to pay when you registered? If so, I
> don't think I could have convinced the holder of an institutional
> credit card to get up with me though.)
>
> I'll also +1 the suggestion for limiting attendees per organisation if
> the overall number is going to be kept small.

I think the thing that would move these ideas along is for someone to
write the registration system that we're talking about (or find one
that does what we want that we could repurpose).  In my humble
opinion, ideas that require more manual work on the part of the
host(s) are less likely to happen; but, if there was a system that
would do what we want (and handle the crush of registration), I think
the community would happily jump behind it -- registration has always
been an issue.

So, that said, I'll take one step backword and let someone else step
forward (by standing still) to volunteer to write it... as they say,
"running code wins."

Kevin