I'm not a big user of CONTENTdm, but I was interested in this question so I did a little bit of digging around. I didn't turn anything up, but would it be practical for your situation to approach it a different way and use the Custom XML export, as described here:

http://www.contentdm.org/help6/collection-admin/exporting3.asp#custom

The DataCite schema is pretty simplistic, so this might be a possibility. You'd probably still need to do a little massaging, but this might get you 90% of the way there.

Unless I missed the point entirely, which is what usually happens. =)