Thanks.  I have been working on a system that allows editing of RDF in web
forms, creating linked data connections in the background, publishing to
eXist and Solr for dissemination, and will eventually integrate operation
with an RDF triplestore/SPARQL, all with Tomcat apps.  I'm not sure it is
possible to create, manage, and deliver our content with node.js, but I was
told by the project manager that Apache, Java, and Tomcat were "showing
signs of age."  I'm not so sure about this considering the prevalence of
Tomcat apps both in libraries and industry.  I happen to be very fond of
Solr, and it seems very risky to start over in node.js, especially since I
can't be certain the end product will succeed.  I prefer to err on the side
of stability.

If anyone has other thoughts about the future of Tomcat applications in the
library, or more broadly cultural heritage informatics, feel free to jump
in.  Our data is exclusively XML, so LAMP/Rails aren't really options.

Ethan