Hi Chris,
We were currently leaning towards open-source triple stores. As far as
inferencing goes, I suspect we will be doing at least transitive closures on
rdfs:subClassOf and rdfs:subPropertyOf properties. I will look into TinkerPop.
Are you currently using it, and for what purpose? I am also curious about what
types of data model changes did you have to do to improve your rdf store's
performance.

Thanks,
Ravi