Are you sad your proposal wasn't accepted to Code4Lib Conference?

Please consider submitting it as an article to Code4Lib Journal instead!

In fact, you can submit something as an article even if you are presenting at the conf too -- but especially if you aren't, getting an article published in the Journal can be an alternate way to get your ideas out to the Code4Lib audience -- maybe get them out to even more people than would see them at the conference, and in something that stays on the web for future generations of system librarians too!

It isn't neccesarily that much harder to prepare an article than to prepare a presentation. Whatever you would have included in your presentation, you just need to set it down in narrative text instead. It needs to be clear and legible, and we won't just take a slide deck as an article -- but we do accept articles written informally, if they are clear and convey good information, and articles can include screenshot and screencast components.

Share what you're doing with your peers, at the Code4Lib Journal! There are a number of proposed presentations that didn't make the cut, that I would have liked learning about -- I hope you submit them as articles to the Journal instead!

We accept submissions at any time, on a rolling basis, as either abstracts or first drafts:

http://journal.code4lib.org/call-for-submissions

Although the next proposal cut-off date is Jan 7th, for the 20th issue to be published in the spring. But don't procastinate and wait, avoid the rush, get your proposal in now while it's fresh in your head!