On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Karen Coyle <li...@kcoyle.net> wrote:
> Is it the plugins themselves or the content? I suspect that some plugins
> lend themselves to more joking around and possible inappropriateness, but
> I'm not sure that it's "plugin" problem, perhaps its a "user error."

I seem to be in a talkative mood today.

I'd like to make the distinction between @mf which will return the
same result every time and @ana (an anagram plugin) which will
sometimes return something offensive.  When you use @mf you know
you're doing something which some might find offensive.  When you use
@ana most of what you get isn't offensive (it is more of a case of bad
luck when you get something that is... and people have dealt with
this, in the past, in different ways; one of which is by decrementing
the bot when something offensive is said (to express disagreement with
the statement that their interaction produced)).

On the first case, @mf... is it the plugin or is it the person?  Yes,
guns don't kill people... people kill people.  That still doesn't stop
me from wanting to pass gun laws though.

In the case of @ana... that seems pretty clearly a "plugin problem" to
me, and one that's fixable by changing the plugin.

As always, just my two cents...

Kevin