The UC San Diego Library is looking for two extraordinary and knowledgeable
professionals to join our staff in the role of Metadata Librarians. We have one
permanent position and one that is temporary, for two years from date of hire.
Each position will work partly in the Metadata Services Program and partly in
the Research Data Curation Program.  The positions will help to develop new
practices and services for many types of data, as well as preparing them for
ingest into our Digital Asset Management Systems (DAMS).  The temporary
position will focus primarily on research data sets, and the permanent position
will focus primarily on digital library objects.
Both positions will also work closely with staff in the Digital Library Program
and in Information Technology Services to achieve our library-wide goal of
developing and delivering a robust and high quality discovery and management
tool for digital objects.
In addition to experience with metadata analysis and support, the successful
applicant will need an MLS or equivalent; knowledge of the issues and trends in
metadata standards and their application; working knowledge of cataloging
principles; experience working with a digital access management system or
digital repository; excellent problem solving and organizational skills; and an
aptitude for complex analytical and detailed work.
See http://libraries.ucsd.edu/about/jobs/librarian/index.html#rdcs-4 for
complete details.  Salary and level of appointment in the Librarian series
commensurate with qualifications and experience.  Application consideration
begins October 16, 2013.  Apply with cover letter, resume, and names of three
persons who are knowledgeable about your qualifications for this position at to
https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF00434.  AA/EOE