From: Code for Libraries [mailto:CODE4LIB@LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Debra
Shapiro
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2014 9:33 AM
To: CODE4LIB@LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Any good "introduction to SPARQL" workshops out there?

I organized a SPARQL webinar that LITA put on in February. The instructor was
Bob DuCharme, who also wrote an O'Reilly book -
http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/752976161

You may be able to view it at the link below; I expect DuCharme would be
willing to contract with UCSD to tailor something for you -

HTH,
deb

On May 1, 2014, at 11:23 AM, "Hutt, Arwen" <ah...@ucsd.edu> wrote:

> We're interested in an introduction to SPARQL workshop for a smallish group
> of staff.  Specifically an introduction for fairly tech comfortable
> non-programmers (in our case metadata librarians), as well as a refresher for
> programmers who aren't using it regularly.
>
> Ideally (depending on cost) we'd like to bring the workshop to our staff,
> since it'll allow more people to attend, but any recommendations for good
> introductory workshops or tutorials would be welcome!
>
> Thanks!
> Arwen

> Arwen Hutt
> Head, Digital Object Metadata Management Unit Metadata Services,
> Geisel Library University of California, San Diego

dsshap...@wisc.edu
Debra Shapiro
UW-Madison SLIS
Helen C. White Hall, Rm. 4282