On 6/20/14, 1:49 PM, Joe Hourcle wrote:

Now, it's possible that this whole "we don't need to bother with
http://"; thing has spilled into the CMS building community, and
they're actively stripping it out.

I actually had the editors of an ALA publication remove "http://"; whenever it preceded "www" because they were convinced that you only needed "http://"; when there was no "www" at the front of the domain name. I had to fight to get the "http://"; put back in. (I believe the excuse was that it took up space.)

 From their page, I think they're
using Drupal, but the horrible block of HTML that this was in is
blatantly MS Word's 'save as HTML' foulness:

Data</span></h2>
freely available and widely diffused.&nbsp; Each assigned ISNI is accessible by a persistent URI in the form
isni-url.oclc.nl/isni/0000000134596520 (for example) &nbsp;and soon also in the form
isni.org/isni/0000000134596520.&nbsp;</span></p>
triples.&nbsp; The RDF triples will be embedded in the public web pages and the format will be available via the persistent URI
and the SRU search API.</span></p>

Which is so foul that Dreamweaver has a "Clean up Word HTML" command in its menu. But you still end up with pretty bad HTML.

kc

-Joe