Mike,

If you want to create Linked Data, check out EasyLOD,
https://github.com/mjordan/easyLOD. It's not a guide, but it does provide a
toolkit. You'd need to write a data source plugin in PHP that scrapes your ILS
but the EasyLOD framework will take care of most of the other bits involved in
publishing Linked Data, assuming you're happy to provide only RDF/XML
representations of your data (I never got around to providing other formats).

If you decide that Linked Data is overkill, you may want to consider providing
an API to your data. Check out http://api.lib.sfu.ca/equipment as an example.

Mark