This thread motivated me to add a few folks, but of note are the following
people from the Pacific Northwest:

- Amelia Abreu, a UX practitioner based in Portland and a PhD candidate at
the University of Washington iSchool. Amelia's writing focuses on the
intersection of user experience, data collection, and gender.
- Jennifer O'Neal, Corrigan Solari University Historian and Archivist at
the University of Oregon Special Collections and Archives, who has research
interests in international indigenous activism, cultural heritage,
traditional knowledge, intellectual property rights, digital humanities,
and indigenous use of new media and technology.
- Kim Christen Withey, Associate Professor and Associate Director of the
Digital Technology and Culture program in the Department of English and
Director of Digital Projects at the Plateau Center, Native American
Programs at Washington State University in Pullman, Washington. Kim is the
director of the Mukurtu CMS project <http://mukurtu.org/>, an open source,
freely available, international standards-based tool driven by the specific
concerns and content management needs of Indigenous communities.

Mark