On 2014-12-09 14:25, Kyle Banerjee wrote:
Howdy all,

I've just started a project that involves harvesting large numbers of
scanned PDF's and extracting information from the text from the OCR output.
The process I've started with -- use imagemagick to convert to tiff and
tesseract to pull out the OCR -- is more system intensive than I hoped it
would be.

I asked around the office and the process seems sensible overall. One suggestion was to use pdfimages instead of imagemagick as that should be faster.

However I would guess that most of the processing time is actually spent in tesseract so I don't know how much this suggestion will improve the overall performance.

Regards.

--
Mads Villadsen <m...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Statsbiblioteket