Apologies for any cross-posting, and please excuse the shameless
self-promotion... Norie Guthrie (an archivist/special collections librarian)
and myself have started a website/blog to help DIY & born-digital music labels
with the digital/physical preservation of their materials. We hope to provide
practical archiving tips and solutions to those putting out music on a
shoestring budget.

This past spring, we conducted a survey to understand what types of materials
record labels were saving and how they were saving them. We hope to formally
present on this data some time in the future.

If you have time, please stop by the blog: http://www.indiepreserves.info/

Feel free to look us up on Twitter as well: https://twitter.com/IndiePreserves

Thanks,
Scott Carlson