Nginx support is in progress and there is an “experimental” nginx tool
available for Ubuntu 12.04+/ Debian 7+. Presumably, this is not ready for
production.

I was hoping that this would be further along by now, and we recently bought a
three year wildcard cert subscription ($120), which is what we are recommending
to out library clients at this time. Of course the cost of the cert is not
really the issue. The problem that Let’s Encrypt will solve is the maintenance
of the certs.

Thanks,

Cary