This is great. Thanks to all who've posted responses; and others, please,
continue to chime in.

Moving the conversation forward, I'd be interested in hearing from folks who
have moved to consortial management of (e.g.) their OPAC, but not any of these
other services (publishing, repositories, etc) because consortial solutions are
not available, not up to snuff, too expensive, etc. If more/better/cheaper
consortial services were available, would you be interested in migrating any of
your in-house-managed services out of the library? Are there other factors at
play that deserve mention?

Thanks again,
Bill