I'm trying to implement CoDel-like implementation on Intel's DPDK library,
but I have trouble with measuring packet sojourn time on RX/TX queues
because of DMA usage. When I call send() function, DPDK puts the packets
into DMA-region and I have no idea when the packets sent really into
network. Likewise, when I call recv(), I don't have any idea when the
packets arrived, so I'm not sure totally but I think I have no chance to
measure sojourn time for dma-like implementation. Could you please correct
me if I'm wrong. Also
any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

- Volkan
Codel mailing list