Hi,
flutter isn't a product from google. It's a test balloon from the Dart
team. The fact that Googles Android team makes fun of WORA tools and have
picked Kotlin over Dart is pretty much an indication of how this isn't a
"product from Google". In a large org like Google a Director can just
launch nonsense like this with no approval from management or any real
direction. Since it's alpha it can be abandoned like GWT, Google Code,
Chrome App Store etc.

We support live code updates in our simulator and have supported that since
launch. We'll support it on the devices when we release the
on-device-debugging support which I would hope to do in 2018.

Flutter is roughly 7-8 years behind us and amusingly enough it's
architecture is significantly inferior on Android as it needs to traverse
the slow JNI bridge when communicating with "native Java". Here are just a
few things we do better:

- Smaller more native applications and probably faster - this is especially
true on Android where we use the native Java support
- Full integration with native OS including native widgets
- More platforms - Desktop, Windows, JavaScript
- No need for a Mac, we work on Linux/Windows
- Kotlin & Java tooling is years ahead of Dart
- Better overall tooling - GUI builder, CSS/Theming tools
- More documentation and online tutorials - real world applications

If flutter wasn't mistakenly perceived as a product from Google people
wouldn't give it the time of day.